The former Afghanistan President Hami Karzai strongly condemned the suicide attack in Kabul city that left nearly 30 people dead or wounded on Friday.
The Office of the Former President in a statement said Hamid Karzai condemns in strongest terms the terrorist attack in Qala-e-Fatehullah, Kabul, today that killed and wounded our compatriots."
Calling the attack the work of foreigners, Hamid Karzai said the people of Afghanistan will stand united against all conspiracies.
The ISIS terrorist group claimed responsibility behind the attack.
The group in a statement said the attack was carried out by one of its suicide bombers and several people were killed or wounded in the attack.
The incident took place in the vicinity of Qala-e-Fatullah area of the city on Friday afternoon, targeting a group of the worshippers who were coming out of a religious compound.
The ministry of interior spokesman Najib Danish said at least five people were killed and twenty others were wounded in the attack.
Earlier, an explosion left at least three dead and sixteen others wounded in Kabul city late on Thursday evening.
According to the security officials, the incident took place at around 6:30 pm local time in the vicinity of the first police district of the city after a magnetic mine went off in Chendawol area.
A coordinated rocket attack rocked Kabul city on Wednesday after a group of insurgents launched an attack o Hamid Karzai international airport.
According to the security officials, at least one civilian was killed and eleven others were wounded in the attack.
The Taliban group claimed responsibility behind the attack and said the target was the US secretary of defense James Mattis who arrived to Kabul city earlier that day.